We conquered Disney AND Universal Islands of Adventure in one very magical weekend! The group of 9 wore their ears to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and MGM Studies but decided against wearing it to Universal for fear we may be shunned for representing "the rat" as a disgruntled employee of Universal said to me at the bar. Anyway we got tons of compliments on our custom made ears but very few people got that we were a bachelorette party right away. Duh! Erin had a huge white veil on hers!
While walking through the World Showcase in EPCOT, we stopped to admire Belle who was taking pictures and signing autographs with the Beast. She kept looking over at us and suddenly in a very exciting moment said "I love your ears!". We were filled with the joy that can only come with a celebrity personally addresses you. THANKS BELLE! We collectively squealed.
Our ears also caught the attention of Carol the Hat Lady of the Rose and Crown pub in EPCOT's UK. She composed a delightful song about the entire bachelorette party and Erin & Aaron. It made our evening!
As a fun game for the weekend, I made a scavenger hunt which included trivia and hidden fun in the different parks. This is what I included:
1. Park Map with any 5 rides circled that you rode.
2. Picture with a park staff member whos name starts with "J"
3. A drink umbrella
4. Fast Pass Ticket to Space Mountain
5. Picture of a person wearing a fanny pack *5 point bonus for a couple both wearing fanny packs *10 points if they match!
6. Picture of you with the pickle tree in Germany (Epcot)
7. Cross the "English Channel"- the bridge crossing from France to UK (Epcot)
8. Picture with a Disney Pirate hat on
9. Picture of you napping on The Carousel of Progress. (The most boring ride and thus the best for naps)
10. What does EPCOT stand for?
11. Which is taller Tower of Terror or Cinderella's Castle?
12. Picture or autograph of/with ANY character.
• If you go to the Guest Relations which is on the left of Spaceship Earth, they will give you the list of Hidden Mickeys, just ask for it.
• Monorail co-pilot card *Ask if you get to sit up front on the monorail
• Picture with your "paws" in Lady and Tramp's paw prints in front of the stairs that lead up to Tony's Town Square Restaurant (Main Street USA, WDW)
• Go to the candy shop on Main Street & pick up the old phone on the wall inside; take a picture of you listening in on an old time phone conversation between a mother and daughter on the party line
• Find the maze garden in the back corner of UK (Epcot)
• Inside the Tower of Terror cue, as you leave the lobby but before you enter the TV room there is a bulletin board in a glass case. Some of the letters have fallen out; get right up against the glass to see what the letters have spelled out.
• Complete this phrase from Muppet*Vision 3D: "It's called ____________ all nations, but mostly America."
• While waiting in line at the Peter Pan attraction, look up at the turret on top of the Snow White attraction. Every thirty seconds to one minute or so, the Wicked Queen animatronic figure opens the curtains, looks down on the crowd for a few seconds, and then pulls the curtains closed again. Try to snap a photo of her.
• Take an "inappropriate" photo with a Disney character statue.
Now I found a few of these bonus questions I found online to be false. In particular, there is no "hidden Mickey map" available at Epcot however the nice guest relations lady told us there was a book available for purchase at the gift store. Typical. Also the Tower of Terror bonus clue was a bust and we could not find the Wicked Queen in the curtains. Perhaps that is at Disneyland? Erin's sister was the most dedicated to the hunt and thus won the prize of bragging rights that you won the scavenger hunt.
The weather might have been unseasonalby chilly, but that did not stop us from having a terrific time at "the most magical place on earth". I probably have to pay Disney now that I have written that in my blog.