Friday, June 4, 2010

Mermaids Emerge from the Sea!

Mermaid Day Parade 2010 is June 19th @ 2pm.
Official Site

This event is special to me because my roommate and very dear friend Erin and I have been able to go together for the last 3 years in a row. Last year was the wettest year we've ever seen, but it didn't stop us from being in the parade! Erin and I were Victorian mermaids last year and it was a total success. Everyone said we would've won best costume if we had gotten there early enough to register. It was such a fun theme that we are going to keep it again this year and do bigger and better versions of our costumes from last year. I'm going to work on my wig/crown headpiece as the show stopper of this look. It must be much BIGGER! More feathers, more jewels, more, more, more. Cause as you should know the motto that Erin and I stick to when costuming is
"MORE IS MORE!"


No comments:

Post a Comment