Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween Costume 2010 Update

My sewing machine has smoke coming out of it from all the work I have been doing! Today I pretty much completed the dress I will wear to the Edward Gorey Brunch at Highline Ballroom and also the Dresden Dolls concert at Irving PLaza on October 31, 2010 HALLOWEEN! What an exciting day it will be. Ok so here are a few pictures of the progression of the dress. I followed a Simplicity pattern I bought at Wal-Mart for old fashioned dresses. Completely on accident I cut the fabric along the pattern without adding any extra allowance for seams and it fit perfectly. Whew.Here's the bodice. I'm very proud of the piping along the neckline which is straight and not wonky looking at all. The trim zig zagging along the front is not my favorite part, but it's growing on me.
Sleeve one done. I was going to use the black and white stripe fabric for the sleeve ruffle, but it reacted badly to an iron, very very badly.. There was almost a fire and I ruined a whole yard of it...SOoooo I used the black lace and actually I like it better. I actually followed all the directions with the pattern this time and wouldn't you know it worked! Its not the rouge sewing technique I usually use.
Here is the final dress!! When I finish with the accessories and wig it will be a Victorian, Goth, Steam Punk, Vaudevillian, Cabaret Dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment